Having The Right Kinds Of Insurance Coverage For Injuries
If you are reading this webpage after you have been in a car or truck accident, it is too late to increase your insurance coverage for an accident that occurred in the past. Instead, you will need to find an attorney who will work hard to maximize your compensation recovery from all available sources. Sometimes, we find that clients have overlooked entire injury policies such as insurance provided with credit card use. Other times, we find that laypeople do not know how to interpret their insurance policies — or how to file insurance claims without having to sign away legal rights or without realizing they are doing so.
For these reasons, it is important to talk to a North Carolina personal injury attorney about how to pursue and obtain maximum available compensation after a serious or catastrophic injury.
Making Certain You Are Prepared
On the other hand, if you are viewing this website before any accident has taken place, you are in an excellent position to head off potential problems. Do you have enough insurance, in the event of a serious or catastrophic accident, to cover potential losses in any future accident through an insurance claim? Most accident victims need ample financial resources to cover the following needs:
- Medical care: Emergency care, possibly surgery, specialist treatments, physical therapy, occupational therapy, durable medical equipment that you will need at home after your recovery, follow-up medical care, personal care attendants if you have suffered a catastrophic injury and medications are examples of medical costs you might incur.
- Lost wage replacement: Remember, workers’ compensation and/or Social Security Disability is not enough for most people to live on.
- Related expenses associated with medical care: If you live far from a medical center — or even if you live nearby — you and your family may have considerable expenses to cover, including hospital parking fees and other costs related to medical appointments.
- Liability: If a judge decides you are responsible for another person’s injuries resulting from a car accident in which you were driving or an accident on your home property, you may need much more than standard liability coverage.
Talk to your insurance agent about the following aspects of your car and/or homeowners insurance coverage to prevent financial disaster in the event of the unthinkable:
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- An umbrella policy, which may provide lots of coverage added onto your standard car accident insurance coverage at an affordable cost.
Helping Answer Your Questions
Before the time comes to file an insurance claim, know what your coverage is and how to access it. If the time is already here, talk to a North Carolina personal injury attorney to learn how to protect your best interests in all phases of your injury claim. Call 910-779-3135 or email the Law Offices of Wade E. Byrd P.A., in Fayetteville, to learn how a lawyer can help maximize your insurance claim payout.